At Glenfield Dental we place a great amount of emphasis on the prevention of gum disease. Gum disease can have an impact on your total body health as well as your oral health, and has been linked to a number of serious illnesses such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes. Therefore it is more important than ever to treat gum disease in its earliest stages.
Preventative dentistry is the foundation of sustainable oral health care and we believe that diagnosis, treatment and maintenance of gum disease are all of paramount importance.
Why visit a hygienist at Glenfield Dental?
- Our hygienists are able to provide a professional clean that’s much more thorough than brushing at home
- We provide excellent hygiene advice and educate you on the best ways to stay on top of your oral health, as well as advice for patients wearing braces
- Our hygienists offer stain removal and cosmetic cleaning
- We can recommend a number of successful tooth whitening systems for a beautiful, white smile
- We provide a decay risk assessment programme and dietary guidelines for patients with illnesses such as diabetes. Advice is tailored to suit each patient’s individual circumstances
Treatment for bad breath
Bad breath, clinically known as halitosis, is a problem for many people. 1 in 4 adults suffer from halitosis and it can really damage our self-esteem as well as our professional and social lives. Here at Glenfield Dental our hygienists know how to identify and treat the cause of bad breath, as well as offering advice on how to keep it at bay.
Some ways to reduce halitosis include:
- Maintaining a good standard of oral hygiene
- Chewing sugar-free gum
- Visiting our skilled hygienists for regular treatment
- Stopping smoking
- Reducing your intake of certain foods and drinks such as alcohol, sugary foods and foods with a strong odour e.g. garlic
- Drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated and make sure your mouth doesn’t become dry
Contact us on 0116 287 9608 if you have concerns about bad breath or any other aspect of your oral health.