For over 30 years, dentists have been successfully providing dental implants as a solution to missing teeth. They are the perfect tooth replacement treatment and are also used to solve the issue of loose dentures.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is a small post made of titanium. The implant is gently placed into the jaw so it can fuse to the surrounding bone to support a bridge, crown or denture. Dental implants work just like a natural tooth root and are an excellent solution for patients with missing teeth.
At Glenfield Dental we provide single tooth replacement, multiple teeth replacement and implant retained dentures.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Implants provide stability for dentures, which means you won’t feel any discomfort and will find no difficulty when eating or speaking.
- Implants are not invasive and do not rely on any other teeth in the mouth.
- Dental implants protect the jawbone from the shrinkage that occurs after a tooth has been lost.
- Implants work just like natural tooth roots and the restorations placed above them will be made to look exactly like your natural teeth.
- Because implants are fitted into the bone securely, the restoration will feel natural and comfortable, just like a real tooth.
- As long as they are looked after, dental implants can last a lifetime and have a success rate of over 95%.
- Modern implant dentistry in most cases is a straightforward procedure with very little pain and minimal discomfort.
Why is Glenfield Dental the right choice for your implant treatment?
Our implant surgeon:
- Is an extensively experienced clinician
- Has mentored other dentists in this field for the last 5 years
- Has carried out many sinus lift procedures, ridge expansion procedures and all types of bone grafts
- Has placed and restored implants in all areas of the mouth
- Has a reputation in the area that has brought him referrals from dentists around Leicestershire and even local technicians recommend him highly.
At Glenfield Dental we:
- Only use world leading manufacturer of implants used e.g. Straumann and Ankylos
- Always discuss all options, outlining benefits and potential risks to ensure your health and well being is not compromised
- Have 3D CT scan imaging available
- Can offer appointments to suit you, including Saturdays
- Have finance options available.
Aftercare of dental implants:
For most implant-supported teeth you will be able to clean around each supporting implant by brushing and flossing in just the same way that you would around natural teeth and tooth supported bridges. Certain areas will require special floss, interdental brushes and other cleaning aids to maintain optimum oral health. As long as you do not have impaired use of your hands this cleaning is not at all difficult but you will have to spend more time on this process. Regular hygiene visits are recommended.
Different types of dental implant treatment
Single tooth replacement
If you have one missing tooth we can use one implant to replace it. It is important to replace even one missing tooth as it will prevent future problems with the way you bite. In most cases, to replace a missing tooth we use an implant-retained crown. Our crowns are hand-crafted and are made to look, function and feel like a real tooth, so nobody will be able to distinguish it from your natural teeth.
Multiple tooth replacement
If you have several teeth missing we can use an implant-retained bridge to make it look as though your teeth have always been there. We will place two or more implants in the gap and fit the bridge over them. As well as improving your smile aesthetically, an implant-retained bridge will also prevent bone loss and strengthen the surrounding teeth.
Implant retained dentures and bridges
At Glenfield Dental we often use dental implants to provide support for loose dentures. This has completely changed the quality of life for many of our patients as it has made eating, speaking and smiling as easy as it would be with natural teeth.
For those patients who want a more stable solution to replacing a full arch of missing teeth then implant-supported bridges are the ideal solution. These permanent bridges that are fixed into place with 6-8 implants are as close as you can get to the function and aesthetics of your own natural teeth.
Same day teeth/All on 4 – Ankylos
All-on-4 is a unique technique for replacing a full arch of teeth utilising a procedure that can be carried out from start to finish in just one day. This is often known as Same Day Smile or Same Day Teeth. It is essentially a bridge that is fixed with only 4 dental implants instead of 6-8. Due to the reduced number of implants and time involved it is a very cost effective solution. The reason only 4 implants are required is because 2 of the implants are placed in the bone at 45 degrees which provides a lot more support and contact with the bone. The bridge is hand-crafted by our experienced technician and secured to the implants on the same day. Patients who have undergone this treatment have had dramatic life-changing results and regained their ability to eat, smile and speak with confidence.